The Church of Venosc incorporates several styles.
Dating back from the 9th century, the church has undergone many changes
Romanesque style dating from the IX century but has been updated since
A more modern style in 1910 by the Chartreux fathers.
The altar dates from the seventeenth century and is Baroque.
The two saints are St Paul and St Peter. Saint Peter and Saint Paul are inseparable They are the two pillars of the Church and tradition will never celebrated them one without the other.
St Pierre is the owner of the church and St Paul the patron of the parish.
The church is one of the richest of the Oisans, in part, thanks to wealthy donors as donations Jacques Rochette and hawkers who made his fortune.
The bell tower houses is the oldest bell in the Oisans, dating back from 1622.
- Historic site and monument
- Bad weather alternative
Classification & labels
- Historic patrimony
- Religious heritage
- Town / Village
- Most beautiful villages in France
- 17th C
- 20th C
- Tour free of charge
- Guided tours
- Unguided individual tours available permanently
- Unguided group tours available permanently
- Guided group tours on request
visit possible all year
Free of charge
This service provider also offers
Situated in the Courtil hamlet