For the Uissans (the inhabitants of Oisans), a trip to the market is an opportunity to meet friends, as well as to buy meat, cheese, bread and other local produce.
The Saturday market in Bourg d’Oisans is popular with everyone. It is a chance to buy food, chat and drink coffee.
To follow is a list of the weekly markets
- Monday in Allemond from 8 am to noon in the summer season.
- Tuesday in Venosc from 8 am to noon in the summer season (ski lift car park) and from 3 to 7 pm in the winter season (in the Salle Polyvalente)
- Wednesday morning in Mont-de-Lans from 8 am to 1 pm year-round (shuttle bus and chairlift free from Les 2 Alpes) and in Bourg d’Oisans in the summer.
- Thursday morning in La Grave from 8 am to noon (car park opposite the Hôtel du Castillan), and Thursday evening in Oz-en-Oisans from 6.30 pm in Oz village.
- Friday morning in Alpe d’Huez in the summer (place Paganon) and in Vaujany summer and winter (Place du Téléphérique).
- Saturday in Bourg d’Oisans from 8 am to 1 pm year round.
Below is a list of all the markets, fairs and car boot sales in Oisans