NEW LINK BETWEEN Allemond > Alpe d’Huez grand domaine
The very first Valley Lift in Oisans opened on the 5th December!
This project will help develop eco-friendly transport in the mountains, and people will be able to enjoy the beauty of the landscapes right from the valley.
Go skiing, hiking or mountain biking at one of the biggest ski areas in the Alps, via this “lift” from the bottom of the valley: a game-changer for holidaymakers in Allemond and Bourg-d’Oisans, as well as for skiers coming from Grenoble or Lyon, who can shave 10 km off their journey and avoid using chains by parking in the valley and getting to the Oz slopes in just 8 minutes instead of 20 minutes on the road!
It takes just 45 minutes from Grenoble or 1.5 hours from Lyon to get to Allemond. That’s where you’ll park your car, to reach Alpe d’Huez Grand Domaine. The last part of the journey will be on the brand-new “valley lift”, now connecting Oz-en-Oisans, Alpe d’Huez and Vaujany.
THE Alpe d’Huez grand domaine IS CLOSER THAN EVER!
From Grenoble, the “l’Eau d’Olle Express” is now the shortest, safest and most comfortable way to get to the ski slopes of Oz-Vaujany and to the Alpe d’Huez Grand Domaine ski area.
AN ECO-FRIENDLY APPROACH TO MOUNTAIN TRANSPORT
Reducing the amount of cars on the mountain roads is an important goal for local authorities as well as those wanting to reach the slopes, as these roads are sometimes complicated to drive on due to snow.
The Eau d’Olle Express provides a fast, safe and eco-friendly way to get to and from the valley and the mountain ski resorts. It is therefore a step in the right direction in encouraging new means of transport that will help the mountains achieve the zero-carbon objective.
Added to this new service is a bus service from Grenoble train station to Allemond at weekends and during the French school holidays, and a free shuttle service between Bourg-d’Oisans and Allemond for holidaymakers and local residents, so cars can be left at the car park!
A PANORAMIC TOUR OF Eau d’Olle VALLEY
No more stressful drives up the winding mountain roads, the ski slopes and hiking trails of the Alpe d’Huez Grand Domaine have never been so close.
Take a seat in one of the 10-seater cabins, and when you’re sitting comfortably, just enjoy the view of Verney Lake and the Belledonne mountains. A taste of the fantastic views to come, before arriving up on the slopes, relaxed and ready to put on your skis.
CONNECTIONS FROM Oz RESORT
- Alpe d’Huez via the Poutran gondola
- Vaujany and the Montfrais ski area via the Alpette cable car and from there, the new Clos Giraud aerial lift combining seats and cabins.
- The Dôme des Rousses at an altitude of 2,800 m via the Alpette cable car and the Dôme des Rousses cable car
- Covered parking for light-duty vehicles free-of-charge: 217 spaces
- Parking at the bus stop: 17 spaces
- Free shuttle service to the departure station for residents of Romanche Plain
- Bus link Grenoble > Allemond at weekends and during French school holidays
- Ski lockers
- Free access for pedestrians
- Access for skiers, snowboarders, mountain bikers and people with reduced mobility: see prices and passes
- 45 min from Grenoble
- 1.5 hours from Lyon
- Journey time Allemond > Oz en Oisans: 8 min
- Difference in altitude: 658 m
SPL Oz – Vaujany
Téléphérique Eau d’Olle Express