The frothing, turquoise blue waters of the Véneon river, an airy, swinging footbridge, a varied and well thought-out route, a few athletic parts, together with some wonderfully exposed sections, make this a classic via ferrata route. It consists of 2 sections.
From 15/04 to 31/10.
Subject to favorable weather.
GPX map and layout
Drive to Plan du Lac which is located between St Christophe en Oisans and Venosc. Park in the dedicated area opposite the Vénéon Eaux Vives camp. Walk throught to the order end of the camp where the route starts.
Time : 2h30
Difficulty : D+
Start : 1200 m
Heigh gain : 180 m
Orientation : South-West
GUIDES, parcours :
- Top 25 IGN, 3336 ET, Les 2 Alpes.
- Les via ferrata autour de Grenoble et Briançon, éditions Glénat.
- Toutes les via ferrata de France, éditions Libris.
This route gets off to a great start: a small rocky overhang above the turbulent Véneon! You then gain height until you reach a swinging footbridge (15 m) that looks a bit like a bridge from the depths of Columbia… You pull yourself over a fine rock-step, followed by some slabs, before reaching the road to Saint-Christophe-en-Oisans, and the second part of the route to the Vierge du Collet and Saint-Christophe-en-Oisans.
Return to Plan du lac, two options :
- Walk down the road to Plan du Lac, 30 min.
- Follow the path down the hamlet of Les Granges. Then head to Plan du Lac walking down the path along the Vénéon river. Cross the bridge near the gite, 1h.
Possibility of coupling via ferrata with rafting or hydrospeed.
Visit the Museum Mémoires d'Alpinismes in Saint Christophe.
Office de Tourisme St Christophe en Oisans-La Bérarde
38520 Saint-Christophe-en-Oisans - La Bérarde