One of the oldest painted sundials in the "Dauphinoises" Alps
Descriptif Sundials of Venosc
Dating from 1669, it bares an inscription stating "sun that doesn't know end" . Its needle disappeared and was replaced in 1998.
The Roman numerals.
The number 666 is supposed to represent the flames of hell. Context: the brothers of Bourg d'Oisans wanted to evangelize the Oisans protestants.
- Historic site and monument
Classification & labels
- Historic patrimony
- Town / Village
- Sun dial
- Most beautiful villages in France
- 17th C
- 20th C
- Tour free of charge
- Guided tours
- Unguided individual tours available permanently
- Unguided group tours available permanently
- Guided group tours on request
Free of charge
This service provider also offers
located in the courtil hamlet