At the foot of the Lautaret Mountain pass, under the summits and glaciers, the Pays de la Meije Nordic Area is a magic spot surrounded by majestic and wild beauty. In this haven of peace the groves of trees give shelter to many wild animals.
About : County of La Meije’s Nordic Area
The site is at the gates of the Ecrins National Park, in a beautiful corner of the Hautes Alpes region. You will evolve in an unspoilt environment that encourages contemplation, under the watchful eye of chamois, deer and snow hares. The area is ideal for nordic sking and snowshoeing. The trails are relatively flat, going through the woods and the valley bottom, except for the ones that cross the Arsine hamlet.
Cross-country skiing: 10 km of trails, three loops with with diverse but fairly easy profiles.
Nordic Walking: Villar d'Arène - La Gravière (8 km)
Snowshoeing: Tour of the hamlets of Villar d'Arène (11 km)
Sledging: one hill at Arsine and one at the Jouvencelles, opposite Villar d'Arène
Natural ice skating rink: free access, ice skate rental posssible at the gîte le Pas de l'Ane.
Ski hockey: hockey equipment (bring your skis) at your disposal at the Nordic Chalet every weekend and Wednesday outside school holidays and all mornings during the french school holidays.
Relaxation area: deck chairs and a spyglass enables you to enjoy the sun and observe the wildlife from a terrace next to the Nordic Chalet.
The sun skimming the peaks at the heart of the winter, the site has good snow conditions throughout the winter season.
Reminder: walkers and hikers with snowshoes,please follow the dedicated trails. The ski trails are strictly reserved for skiers (municipal decree of 11/01/1986 )
Welcome: The welcome chalet of the Nordic Area, the departure of the cross country tracks at this point, and the sledge area are accessible to people with reduced mobility.
German - English - French
From 12/12/2020 to 28/03/2021 between 9 am and 4.30 pm.
Hours of sun at the Nordic Area:
from 9.30 am to 11 am in December
from 9.30 am to 12.30 pm in January,
from 9.30 am. to 2.30 pm in February
from 9 am to 4.30 pm in March
Inquire at the tourist office (04 76 79 90 05) to find out if the trails are open (they can be closed due to high avalanche risk) or visit the Nordic France Website.
Subject to snow conditions.
Subject to snow conditions
Free entry for children < 10 years.
❄️ RATES 2020 - 2021 ❄️
* Day (from 16 years old) 13.00 € *
* 3 Hours (from 16 years old) 11.00 € *
* Young (from 10 to 16 years old) 7.00 € *
* Family (2 adults and 2 children) All at Youth Price 28.00 € *
* Duo (for 2 people from 16 years old) 22.00 € *
* Trio (for 3 people from 16 years old) 29,10 € *
* Adult week (from 16 years old) 59.00 € *
* Duo week (from 16 years old) 96,00 € *
* Family week (2 adults and 2 children) 119,00 € *
* Young Week (10 to 16 years old) 38.00 € *
* Season Site Pays de la Meije 104.00 € *
* Season Site (Primeur before 15/11) 88.00 € *
* Season Site (Super Primeur before 15/10) 68.00 € *
* "Southern Alps" Season 156.00 € *
* "Southern Alps" Season ( Primeur before 15/11) 126.00 € *
* "Southern Alps" Season (Super Primeur before 15/10) 106.00 € *
* National Adult (from 16 years old) 211.00 € *
* National Young (10 to 16 years old) 71.00 € *
1 € / pers for your DAG Nordic Pass support.
Payments by check payable to: "Nordic Southern Alps- La Grave-Villar d'Arène"
FREE FOR CHILDREN UNDER 10 YEARS
WHERE TO BUY YOUR SKI PASS
Villar d'Arène: Juge Sports
Arsine: Nordic reception chalet
La Grave: Tourist Office
SUPER PRIMEUR PRICES From September 1st to October 15th get the best price by buying your Nordic Season Pass at
Means of payment
- Bank/credit card
Dogs are not allowed on the cross-country ski tracks.
Dogs on leash are allowed on the pedestrian tracks.
This service provider also offers
Nature and relaxation
The Nordic Area is located 4 km from La Grave / shortly after Villar d'Arene, turn on your right at the crow's-foot, in the direction of Arsine / Guest House from "Le Pas de l'Ane".