At the gates of the Ecrins National Park , in a beautiful setting at the foot of glaciers and under the watchful eye of wild animals, visit our wonderful Nordic Area.
Descriptif County of La Meije’s Nordic Area
You will evolve into "a world apart", preserved, a place that encourages contemplation and where the spectacle of the high mountain and wilderness is sufficient in itself.
10 km of slopes with diverse but easy profiles are available to walkers and sporty-people, in a wilderness site , suitable for cross-country skiing , snowshoeing , sledging , ice-skating or walking .
Tracks and routes are relatively flat , in the woods, valley bottom and height for those who bypass the hamlet "Le Pied du Col" .
The Sun skimming the peaks in the heart of the winter, the site has a snow of excellent quality, cold and light as well as an exceptional snow conditions throughout the winter season.
In the heart of Winter the area is sunny during the mornings from 9:30 a11h30, then when February points, mornings of sunlight get longer and in March there is even some Sun until early afternoon:)
Ski-hockey games are held all WE outside school holidays and all mornings during the french school holidays.
There are no equipment rentals on site but you can find skis, snowshoes or sleds for rent to sports shops Villar d'Arene (Juge Sports ) Chazelet ( Olym'Pic Sports ) or La Grave ( SkiSet ) .
Rates : Crosscountry skiing = please look at the " prices " tab
Snowshoe trails = free
Sledge area = Free
Natural ice rink = €4 ( ice skate rental included)
Reminder: Friends walkers and hikers with snowshoes,please follow the dedicated trails. The ski trails are strictly reserved for skiers (municipal decree of 11/01/1986 )
Welcome: The welcome chalet of the Nordic Area, the departure of the cross country tracks at this point, and the sledge area are accessible to people with reduced mobility.
- Linded resort
- On-line reservation
- Night-time outings
- Open air
Classification & labels
- Cross-country skiing
Dogs are not allowed on the cross-country ski tracks.Dogs on leash are allowed on the pedestrian tracks.
- Accessible for wheelchairs with assistance
From 21/12/2019 to 16/03/2020 between 10 am and 4.30 pm.
Sunny time on the cross country area =
from 9:30 am to 11 am during the month of December
from 9:30 to 12:30 during the month of January,
from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. during the month of February
from 9h to 16h and 30 during the month of March
Inquire at the tourist office (04 76 79 90 05) to know the state of opening tracks (which can be closed due to high avalanche risk) or visit the Nordic France Website
Consider buying online your nordic skipass"Season Southern Alps" at the best price, on the website nordicalpesdusud.com.
Subject to snow conditions.
Subject to snow conditions
PACKAGE SUPER PRIMEUR !! From July 1st to September 30th do not forget to take advantage of the best prices by buying or reloading your Nordic Pass season, by Internet, for a serene Winter :)
❄️ RATES 2019-2020 ❄️
* Day (from 16 years old) 13.00 € *
* 3 Hours (from 16 years old) 11.00 € *
* Young (from 10 to 16 years old) 7.00 € *
* Family (2 adults and 2 children) All at Youth Price 28.00 € *
* Duo (for 2 people from 16 years old) 22.00 € *
* Trio (for 3 people from 16 years old) 29,10 € *
* Adult week (from 16 years old) 58.00 € *
* Duo week (from 16 years old) 95,00 € *
* Family week (2 adults and 2 children) 117,00 € *
* Young Week (10 to 16 years old) 37.00 € *
* Season Site "Country of La Meije" 104.00 € *
* Season Site (Early Fare until November 15th) 88.00 € *
* Season Site (Super Early Fare until 30/09) 68.00 € *
* "Southern Alps" Season 156.00 € *
* "Southern Alps" Season (Early before 15/11) 126.00 € *
* "Southern Alps" Season (Super Early before 30/09) 106.00 € *
* National Adult (from 16 years old) 211.00 € *
* Young National (10 to 16 years old) 71.00 € *
Less 1 € / pers. if you already have your DAG Nordic Pass support.
Payments by check payable to: "Nordic Southern Alps- La Grave-Villar d'Arène"
FREE FOR LESS THAN 10 YEARS !!
POINTS OF SALE SKI PASS
A Villar d'Arene = Sports Judge Store
A Arsine = Nordic reception chalet
A La Grave = Tourist Office of the High Valleys
Means of payment
- Bank/credit card
This service provider also offers
Nature and relaxation
The Nordic Area is located 4 km from La Grave / shortly after Villar d'Arene, turn on your right at the crow's-foot, in the direction of Arsine / Guest House from "Le Pas de l'Ane".