Music in the great outdoors!
Hikes, concerts and good times all around!
Since 1999, the Festival des Randonnées Musicales has organised a rich and varied programme every summer, from July into August. Invited musicians take their inspiration from a variety of musical sounds, including hip hop, pop, rock, reggae, groove, funk, electro-swing and world music.
The Vallée du Ferrand: a venue that’s really ‘outside’ the box!
The green meadows of the Vallée du Ferrand, the stream, waterfalls, surrounding peaks and unspoilt architecture are the inspiration for this 100% outdoor event. Local residents wanted to share this fascinating natural and cultural heritage with visitors.
This festival is really ‘outside’ time and space!
This is how a devoted crowd gathers around the plazas, sheepfolds or mountain huts for a musical interlude. It’s the perfect opportunity to rediscover the architecture of the Haut-Oisans region and to soak up the traditional village charm, under the gentle warmth of the sun.
They’re ‘out’ of the ordinary concerts in the middle of nature!
The musical hike, where the stage moves with you, is one of the most exciting aspects of the Festival. The stage is set, under the watchful eye of the mountains, opposite the glaciers and in the pastures, and the atmosphere is intoxicating. Alternatively, you can follow the artists along easy hiking trails. Musical interludes break up the hike.
So put on your hiking boots and follow the trail to the concert set amidst lush green pastures.
A pratical guide for the festival
- Both the concerts and the hikes are free.
- When is it? Each year between the last week of July and the first week of August.
- A dozen concerts are scheduled in the 3 villages of the Vallée du Ferrand.
- In the daytime or in the evening, outdoors in village squares or near a refuge, roaming in the streets or on hiking trails. Every concert is different!
- Different events, put on by the Festival Association, are also on offer throughout the year. Children and adults alike can attend workshops (culinary, plastic arts, etc.), themed walks, decentralised shows (MC2), exhibitions, debates and conferences, film screenings, etc.
The next event
As soon as the concerts are scheduled, you will find the detailed list below.