At 2 100m altitude, facing the glacier from la Meije, over 2000 species of alpine and mountain flowers and mountains from all over the world are gathered on 2 hectares of one of the most beautiful and high altitude garden in Europe.
Descriptif Visit and entertainment in the Garden of Lautaret
For more than a century, the Alpine Garden of Lautaret has welcomed the public (15,000 people each season), trained students and participated in research in alpine biology.
Free guided tours every day in June, July and August.
About 60% of the site is wheelchair accessible
- Nature and relaxation
- Not recommended in bad weather
- Open air
Classification & labels
- Flowers plants
- Alpine meadows/grazing
- Guided tour
- Accessible for wheelchairs with assistance
- Reserved space 330 cm wide < 20 m from the site
- Vertical signage of parking spaces
- Minimum aisle width of 90 cm
- Doors >=77 cm wide
- Lift (80 x 130 cm) and door >= 77 cm
- Reception desk between 70-80 cm high
- Absence of steps
- WC + grab handle + adequate space to move
- Site, building partially accessible
- Incline >5% but reasonable
- 11 people minimum
From 06/06 to 06/09, daily between 10 am and 6 pm.
The Garden is open every year from the first weekend on June to the first weekend of September.
- Daily in June, July and August at 10:30am, 2:30pm and 4pm.
- Reservations required for groups.
Canceled or closed because of Covid-19.
Canceled or closed because of Covid-19
Guided visits are free.
Garden entrance prices :
Normal rate = 7€
Reduced one = 5€ : groups (more than 10 persons), young people from 12 to 18 years old, students, persons with reduced mobility (circuit set up in 2012 and allowing the access to about 60 % of the Garden)
Free entry : Children under 12 years, students of the Grenoble University, personnels of the University the NATIONAL CENTRE FOR SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH
Free admission or reduced tariff at the beginning and the end of season (according to blossoming)
Means of payment
- Bank/credit card
This service provider also offers
Located at the Lautaret pass,15 minutes far from Villar d'Arene and 20 minutes from La Grave
The Lautaret Garden and its Gallery are located 10 minutes walk from the parking at top of the Lautaret pass.
Possible access by car and bus.