Snowlegend freeride mountain guides have been guiding ski, snowboard, ski touring and split-board trips in La Grave since 1993. Our Uiagm mountain guides will take you securely where the conditions are best, on dream runs.
About : Guide freeride, snowboard à La Grave avec Snowlegend
To discover the unsecured high mountain area of La Grave, the Mecca of freeride! Book your freeride ski, snowboard, touring, splitboard stay at La Meije with the Snowlegend mountain guides. You will find attentive pros who will take you safely on these world-class itineraries and give you the right advice to ride this wild terrain. Whether you are alone, with family or friends, skiers, snowboarders, ski touring enthusiasts or splitboarders, want to spend just one day or stay for a week, improve your skills in powder, couloirs or on steep slopes. You are bound to find a formula that meets your expectations. Snowlegend International freeride camp has been established since 1993 at the foot of La Meije and has maintained a small scale, relaxed and welcoming spirit. The 12 guides who are passionate about freeride and clients from all over the world form small groups composed of similar levels to guarantee you a personalised welcome, quality sessions and a warm atmosphere. Choosing Snowlegend is the assurance of having a great time in the High mountains.
• Book a mountain guide: quality, safety, advice
• Book a Snowlegend coach: the mountain guide is also a ski instructor – become a better powder skier
• Discover the vallons of La Meije safely with a mountain guide
• Family freeride experience in La Grave: free rental skis, snowboard or airbag for kids/youths
• Join a freeride group ski or snowboard excellent atmosphere - group max 5 riders
• Backcountry skiing: you like making fresh tracks in powder…
• Splitboard for a day or tour: initiation, advice, improvement
• Ski touring - vast choice of itineraries for a day or tour
Itineraries at La Grave La Meije:
There are no marked secured pistes, only high mountain itineraries. The two classic freeride routes are the Vallons de La Meije and the Vallons de Chancel. They start at 3550 or 3211 meters, at the Col des Ruillans, at the top station of the La Grave cable car (Téléphérique des Glaciers de La Meije). Beautiful descents beneath the peak of La Meije and more than fifteen couloirs: Trifides, Banana, Fréaux ... are waiting for you. But the main attraction of La Grave - La Meije are the great off-piste itineraries that attract skiers, snowboarders and telemarkers from around the world in search of freeride experiences! You have a big selection of routes with more than 2400 meters of vertical: Derby de La Meije 2150m, The Vault 2300m, Chirouze 2400m...
You can rent or buy your equipment in the Snowlegend shop: freeride skis, touring skis, snowboard, splitboard, avalanche airbag, safety: Dva, showel, probe, helmets. Discount 5€ on the rental for Snowlegend customers.
Keep Energy for riding Pow pOw poW with Smile!
Minimum age: 12 years
Welcome: For quality and safety, Snowlegend prefer to guide groups of maximum 5 riders for couloirs and itineraries.
We accept groups of 6 persons for classical itineraries
Who are Vallons of Chancel or La Meije or Saint Christophe.
German - English - Spanish - French - Italian
From 12 years old
From 17/12 to 01/05 between 8 am and 8 pm.
Group of 1 to 3 people: 360 €
Group 4 people: 380 €
Group 5 people: 400 €
Group 6 people: 420 €
* loan of safety equipment: Dva (Avalanche Victim Detector) + explanations.
* Loan of Rossignol Freeride helmet, strongly recommended - light and pleasant.
* loan of 15 or 25 liter safety bag with reinforced back, shovel & light probe.
* harness loan (obligatory to navigate in glacial zones) and very useful for abseils!
* Self-service fair trade organic coffee
* free storage for your riding equipment at the Snowlegend chalet.
You benefit from a preferential rate for equipment rental at the Snowlegend store.
These prices do not include:
* The package (50 € / day for Snowlegend customer, normal adult price 53 €)
* Lunch (at the Refuge de Chancel at 2508m, at the restaurant La Cabine at 3200m or in the village at 1450m, depending on the routes).
Means of payment
- Bank/credit card
- Credit transfer