Home Barrage du Chambon
This barrage was built in 1935 to regulate the wild river Romanche; it was one of the first barrages ever built in France.
Its construction meant that the church and houses of three small villages (Pariset, Le Dauphin and Le Chambon), the remains of which are sometimes still visible in winter when the lake is at its lowest had to disappear for good. This construction made of concrete is 294 m long, 70 m wide and 90 m high and it holds 54 million m3 of water!
Barrage du Chambon
38142 Le Freney-d'Oisans