A valley end with a myriad of possibilities. Arsine is the endless promise of a host of incredible routes, immense possibilities depending on your taste, mood and the snow. Add to this the mountain huts that make the lives of ski-tourers so much easier and you have an idyllic setting for ski-touring.
About : Ski touring from Villar d’Arène (pont d’Arsine)
Ski mountaineering and touring involves risks and all skiers are responsible for their own safety. Make sure you follow ANENA guidelines: anena.org
SUGGESTIONS FOR SKI-TOURING from VILLAR D’ARÈNE
> Discovery day route :
- Tête de Pradieu (2844 m) + 1210 m
A steady, west-facing climb with no major difficulties, this route suits most skiers. Real Oisans country: little-known and untamed, with beauty all around.
- Col d’Arsine (2340 m) + 670 m
- Bosse de Chamoissière (2500 m) + 1501 m
- Couloir de la Baïonnette (Pic est de Chamoissière ) (3207 m) + 1500 m
- Col Claire (3408 m) + 1300 m
- Brèche du Peigne (2920 m) + 1268 m
WITH A NIGHT IN A HUT
> From refuge de l’Alpe de Villar d'Arène (2079 m) ou Refuge de Chamoissière (2106 m)
- Brèche Cordier (3503 m) + 1460 m
- Pic de Chamoissière (3191 m) + 1540 m
- Pic de Neige Cordier (3614 m) + 1950 m
- La Grande Ruine (3765 m) + 1660 m
- Bec de l’Homme (3454 m) + 1790 m
- Col du Clot des Cavales (3765 m) + 1490 m
- Col du Fontenil (2980 m) + 900 m
- Col du Pavé (3554 m) + 1640 m
- Refuge Adèle Planchard (3169 m) + 1200 m
- Tour de la Meije par le refuge Adèle Planchard
- Le couloir Piaget (3634 m) + 1560 m
- Col de Roche Faurio (3376 m) + 1370 m
- Le couloir nord de Roche Faurio (3376 m) + 1380 m
> Getting supplies: Grocer's and bars in Villar d'Arène.
> Accommodation: Gîtes, B&Bs, hotels, holiday rentals.
LA GRAVE AREA
Located at an altitude of 1500 m, La Grave, located at the foot of the Meije, has crossed the ages preserving its beauty. The village has justifiably been awarded the much coveted label as one of the "most beautiful villages in France". The surrounding scenery is euphoric. You raise your head and a myriad of shining glaciers and jagged peaks reach out to you.
For us ski-tourers, La Grave is a fabulous start point thanks to the Meije cable car that enables you to considerably reduce the walking times to routes each more magical than the last. With many summits of between 3000 and nearly 4000 m, this is of course high-Alpine territory. La Grave is our Chamonix… without the crowds!
Depending on snow conditions.
Free of charge
Free of charge.
These routes are located in the Ecrins National Park, where dogs are not allowed.
Drive towards La Grave and carry on along the D1091 to the junction marked "Le Pied du Col, Pont d'Arsine" to the right after the signpost indicating the end of Villar d’Arène (Pont d'Arsine car park).