The Musée EDF Hydrélec is the only museum in France dedicated to hydroelectricity. Installed in Oisans, the Musée EDF Hydrélec features a new 900m2 scenographic display that retraces the epic story of the production of hydroelectricity.
Descriptif Musée EDF Hydrélec
It pays homage to the scientists, engineers, technicians and manoeuvres that played a role in building the hydroelectric power stations and dams, some of which have become an integral part of our heritage and genuine works of art. Installed in Oisans, in the heart of an area with a long history of hydroelectricity, the Musée EDF Hydrélec has now been awarded the «Musée de France» label. It features a number of unique collections comprising scientific and technical objects from the 19th and 20th centuries.
Member of the "Route of the know-how of the Oisans", he organizes the guided tour "Exceptional electricity" on reservation ..
This establishment offers the E-Bike Service: charge your electric bike here on request (remember to take your charger).
- Bad weather alternative
Classification & labels
- Sciences and technology
- Private museum
- Musée de France
- Exhibition space
- Car park
- Entertainments room
- Film room
- Coach parking
- Private parking
- Educational visits
- Tourist brochures
- Tour free of charge
- Guided tours
- Language of the tour: French
- Unguided individual tours available permanently
- Guided individual tours on request
- Unguided group tours available permanently
- Unguided group tours on request
- Guided group tours on request
- Average duration of the group tour: 90 minutes
- Average duration of the individual tour: 90 minutes
- Visual disability
- Reserved space 330 cm wide < 20 m from the site
- Vertical signage of parking spaces
- Even flooring with no obstacles
- Absence of slope > 5%
- Absence of protrusions > 2 cm
- Minimum aisle width of 90 cm
- Doors >=77 cm wide
- Lift (80 x 130 cm) and door >= 77 cm
- Reception desk between 70-80 cm high
- Height under table >= 70 cm width >= 77 cm
- WC + grab handle + adequate space to move
- Site, building totally accessible
- Visual alarm with flash light
- Presence of pictograms and / or simplified visuals
- Relief map, tactile model or audio device description available at the reception
- Reception staff sensitized to the reception of people with disabilities
- 50 people maximum
From 02/01 to 31/10 between 10 am and 6 pm.
Closed on Monday.
Closed exceptionally on Feast of the Ascension, May 1st and May 8th.
From Tuesday to Saturday and the first Sunday of each month: from 10h to 12h and from 13h to 18h
Individual free visit from October 1st to April 30th: 1 pm to 5 pm
Visit free group or guided from October 1 to April 30: 10h - 12h / 13h - 17h.
Free of charge
Booking needed for groups
This service provider also offers
From Grenoble, D1091 towards Bourg d'Oisans until "Rochetaillée". Follow the signs to Allemont and drive along the Verney dam towards the Col du Glandon and Col de la Croix de Fer.