Home Helicopter Mountain Recue
What is an emergency? When you are in extreme difficulty in a mountain environment, your life or that of others is at risk and you can do nothing to remedy this.
When to call the PHHM?
Situations that justify the call for help:
- An accident (cracks, fractures, open wounds, severe trauma ...)
- Stopped after a fall or a change in terrain (rocky ridge, steep ...)
- Lost and struggling, time or conditions preventing you from moving forward
- Overwhelmed by the weather or the mountain (stuck in bad weather, technical difficulties too important objectives such as avalanches risks, for example)
- First of all: do not panic, stay calm and analyze the situation. Do not take unnecessary risks if the victim is not easily accessible.
* The first steps :
Protect the victim from the cold and risk of an accident .
Make a brief summary of the status of the victim and the situation.
Practicing CPR and first aid .
* The warning message should be clear , concise and include:
location ( altitude to facilitate location ) the number of victims and the nature of the injury, your name and mobile phone number .
* What to say on the phone :
Specify the location of the accident. Where it happened ? At what point ( card details ) On a rock wall, on a trail in the forest, a lake view, near a peak, etc...
* The site is it readily accessible? The weather at the place of the accident? The identity of the injured person
Is it a woman, a man, a child? Are they several injured people ?
* Its physical condition :
Is the person responding? bleeding? having pain? breathing?
* If you are there to help arrives, report your presence visible with arms in Y.
All year round.
Brigade Territoriale Autonome de Gendarmerie de La Grave
D1091 La Grave
05320 La Grave