Home Visiting religious heritage
Visit the la Grave church an historic monument. Every day from 9am to 6pm, free access.
GUIDED TOURS FROM JULY TO AUGUST :
- Chapel of the Penitents in La Grave: Every Wednesday from 10am to noon and from 4pm to 6pm
- Church of Les Terrasses: Every Wednesday from 3pm to 7pm
- Church of Le Chazelet: June 1 to October 31 from 4pm to 6pm
Every Monday and Friday while Madame Madeleine Jacquier telling you the story of the life of le Chazelet hamlet, on request : appointment at the library of Chazelet.
- Church and chapel of Les Hières: Monday to Friday
By appointment with Mr. Michel Judge at +33 (0) 4 76 79 95 66
- For the visit of other chapels:
By request from Madame Cécile Dabourdy at +33 (0) 6 89 54 89 61
VISIT ON FREE ACCESS ALL YEAR ROUND:
- Church of Our Lady of the Assumption in La Grave
La Grave's Church was built around the 11th century and is dedicated to " Notre Dame de l’Assomption ". It is the oldest monument in the canton and has been a listed building since 1959. It is surrounded by a graveyard with tombstones topped with attractive wooden crosses that are worth a close look: the triangle represents the Holy Trinity and the circle, the unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Open every day from 9am to 6pm, free access.
Customers and groups
- Single people
From 11/07 to 19/08, daily.
Some churches and chapels are open to the public only during the summer season, others all year round.
Free of charge.
Group rate available for > 1 people.
Located 3Km far from Villar d'Arène
Bureau d'Information Touristique La Grave-Villar d'Arène
05320 La Grave
- From 1 to 99 years old
- Pets welcome