Snowlegend have been guiding ski and snowboard tripsin La Grave since 1993. Our UIAGM mountain guides will take you securely where the conditions are best, on dream runs.
About : Freeride and touring with Snowlegend
Freeride skiing at La Grave / La Meije takes place in an entirely in an off-piste area, the biggest in Europe. These world-class routes often start on glaciers. There are no marked runs and many risk areas, skiing with a guide is strongly recommended. Here are some reasons to choose a freeride day or weekend with a Snowlegend guide: All the mountain guides, instructors and coaches of the Snowlegend team are passionate about freeride skiing, snowboarding, splitboarding or ski touring. Each has their own style of riding, but the same spirit and values: the professionalism to guide you safely. These experts know the area by heart because they have been skiing it for a long time and they will take you on the best freeride lines, based on the snow conditions.
• Book a mountain guide: quality, safety, advice
• Family freeride experience in La Grave - La Meije: exceptional family day, free rental skis, snowboard or airbag for kids/youths
• Book a Snowlegend coach: the mountain guide is also a ski instructor – become a better powder skier
• Discover the vallons of La Meije safely: mountain guide + skipass, from 480€ (group of 4 riders).
• Join a freeride group ski or snowboard excellent atmosphere - group max 5 riders
• Backcountry skiing: you like making fresh tracks in powder…
• Splitboard for a day or tour: initiation, advice, improvement
• Ski touring - vast choice of itineraries
• Packages: freeride skiing and snowboarding, offpiste, powder, skitouring, splitboarding
Itineraries at La Grave La Meije:
There are no marked secured pistes, only high mountain itineraries. The two classic freeride routes are the Vallons de La Meije and the Vallons de Chancel. They start at 3550 or 3211 meters, at the Col des Ruillans, at the top station of the La Grave cable car (Téléphérique des Glaciers de La Meije). Beautiful descents beneath the peak of La Meije and more than fifteen couloirs: Trifides, Banana, Fréaux ... are waiting for you. But the main attraction of La Grave - La Meije are the great off-piste itineraries that attract skiers, snowboarders and telemarkers from around the world in search of freeride experiences! You have a big selection of routes with more than 2400 meters of vertical: Derby de La Meije 2150m, The Vault 2300m, Chirouze 2400m...
You can rent or buy your equipement at the Snowlegend Shop. Discount on rental gear for Snowlegend clients.
Keep Energy for riding Pow pOw poW with Smile!
Minimum age: 12 years
Welcome: For quality and safety, Snowlegend prefer to guide groups of maximum 5 riders for couloirs and itineraries.
We accept groups of 6 to 7 persons for classical itineraries
Who are Vallons of Chancel or La Meije or Saint Christophe.
German - English - Spanish - French - Italian - Greek
From 12 years old
- Telemark skiing
- Downhill skiing
- Ski hiking
- Snow surfing
- Free ride
From 19/12 to 25/04, daily between 8 am and 7.30 pm.
Adult: 79 to 99 €
Group adults: 350 to 425 €.
Price includes :
* Organic coffee for free
* Loan of avalanche transceiver, helmet, backpack with security kit, harness
* Possibility of leaving your gear and drying your boots in the Snowlegend Chalet
You get a discount on rental equipment at the Snowlegend Shop.
These prices don't include :
* Ski pass (45€/day via Snowlegend, normal price 51€)
* Lunch (at the Chancel Refuge - 2508m, at restaurant La Cabine - 3200m or in the village - 1450m depending on your itinerary).
Means of payment
- Bank/credit card
- Credit transfer